On behalf of our customer we are looking for the Android Developer - Java or C++ to work in Sweden.
- 11 month contract
- Good rates, ongoing needs
- EU Nationals or
- Nationals of any of the following conuntries:
Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, New Zealand, South Korea or Uruguay
- We are looking for an Android developer that will join the Performance Squad.
- Our team provides instrumentation and tooling that monitor how snappy and well behaving our apps are for all the users in the field.
- We create and maintain vast datasets on startup, view loading and playback latencies as well as CPU usage and crash statistics.
- On top of that we provide tooling and insights for other teams to understand how and where to optimize and fix potential performance problems.
- We are one of the key stakeholders in the mobile architecture, and when needed we step in and drive bigger architectural changes to unlock big performance gains.
- As as a member of our team you will work on both data and mobile apps on a daily basis.
- Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as a Software Engineer with either Java or C++
- Willingness to learn and work with both
- If you have experience in other languages and platforms such as Python, iOS, Objective-C, Kotlin, Swift, low level programming or productivity tools, that would be a bonus.
- You have working experience as an Android engineer.
- You have experience with agile methodologies, strong testing practices and CI/CD.
- You are a solutions-oriented team player; you are flexible and ready to do what‘s best for your customers (in this case, the customers are other teams at Spotify).
- You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
- You have a strong quality mindset and care for the overall performance of the product.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 11 months