On behalf of our customer we are looking for a Verification Engineer RAN/Telecom to work in Stockholm.
- Long-term 12+month contracts
- Good rates, Ongoing needs
- Support with relocation
- EU Nationals Only
Multistandard RAN End-to-End traffic testing.Radio Access Network (RAN) Testing, single as well as multi standard (MS-RAN / 3xRAT).PDU 2G&3G RAN is, among others, responsible for e2e testing of SW in complex System Test Plants (STP), including Controllers, Radio Base Stations and real UE’s (mobiles and modules).We are working with Continuous Integration, Verification (CI/CV) and frequent customer deliveries (Continuous Deployment, CD).All testing is automated and are running in cycles (hourly, daily). This means that the focus is on analyzing the results, logs and traces and troubleshoot deviations from expected outcome.In addition, you support the development teams in solving problems.We are gradually introducing automatic verdict handling for more efficient troubleshooting. We are testing SW for 2G, 3G and 4G and preparing for 5G and Cloud NFV solutions. The later to be implemented in our test plants during the autumn.The PDU is also responsible for developing SW for 2G and 3G Radio Base Stations and Controllers. This is done on several sites in different countries.
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge in RAN and MS-RAN. GSM and WCDMA as well as LTEGood understanding of “real network environment” (CN–RNC–RBS–UE).
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting.
- A testing mindset, a sixth sense to see deviations.
- You are a team player that enjoys interacting with othersGood communication skills.
- High interest in supporting and learning others.
- Ability to troubleshoot unexpected results and complex (software) faults.
- BSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge/experience.
- Speaks & writes English fluently.
- Experience in analyzing trace logs and draw conclusions.
- Ability to write trouble reports.
- Programming skillsKnowledge in JCAT, ADAT and Java
- Tester working in a team dedicated to MR-RAN e2e traffic testing in complex STPs using standardized test environment and tools.
- The test competence and capacity is used for verification of out deliveries (CI/CV) and for test support to design teams.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Developing, performing and evaluating automated traffic tests of SW for 2G, 3G and 4G, including troubleshooting and creating trouble reportsSharing knowledge and experience as well as tasks and responsibilities.
- Supporting other testers and designers in Kista and at other sitesBe active in improvements and experimentsBe active in technical studies as well as preparation of STP’s.
- Coordinate tasks and issues with other test and design teams at different sites in different countriesPerforming stability test in a real radio network (RNE). Real UE’s in one end, core network in the other.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12+ months, ongoing.